Monday, April 8, 2024

Meet Jasmine, one of the creative forces behind Content Committee's graphic design! Her playlist is bright, fierce, and raw; Check it out and feel the energy!

Hometown: Marion, IA
Year: Senior
Field(s) of Study: BFA in Graphic Design and Certificate in Event Management 
SCOPE Position: Gen Comm - Content Committee 

Jasmine Pizano Scope Selects light/dark purple background

Spotify Playlist 

SCOPE Selects: Jasmine Pizano on Spotify 

The Deep Cuts

This playlist is made up of my current favorite angsty, post-hardcore, and alternative tracks with some moments of softer indie rock to break up the intensity. These songs have been my soundtrack while I create art pieces for my upcoming BFA exhibition. A lot of what I make maintains the same visceral emotions as the music I’m listening to, and it really helps me get in the right headspace when I sculpt, paint, and draw. My must-listen tracks are Miss World by Hole, The Jaws of Life by Pierce the Veil, and I’m So Sick by Flyleaf.

Three Favorite Albums

The Jaws of Life by Pierce the Veil

Live Through This by Hole

Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana Del Rey

Favorite Concert Experience 

My favorite concert experience would have to be when I saw Pierce the Veil for the first time last November. After discovering their music around 10 years ago, they’ve slowly become my all-time favorite band. It’s been a long time coming to finally see them live, and they did not disappoint. My friend and I were lucky enough to have GA pit tickets and made it to about the third row from the stage. Their performance was electrifying, and it was amazing to hear both new and nostalgic songs in person.

Hobbies / Interests / Fun Facts / Campus Involvement

Aside from SCOPE, I’m involved on campus as a Student Graphic Designer for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and Performing Arts at Iowa.