Tuesday, January 30, 2024

This week, we have a mesmerizing mix by Emily, our radiant Marketing Director. Listen to her vibrant and hypnotic playlist that sets the perfect tone for the start of the semester! 

Name: Emily Thai (she/her)
Hometown: West Des Moines, IA
Year: Third Year
Field(s) of Study: Marketing Major, Minor in International Studies, and Certificate in International Business
SCOPE Position: Marketing Director

Emily Scope Selects Graphic

Spotify Playlist 

SCOPE Selects: Emily Thai on Spotify

The Deep Cuts

There’s really no rhyme or reason to this playlist, it’s just filled with a bunch of songs I have been listening to recently. All the songs are pretty upbeat and energetic which I enjoy listening to when I’m doing work or just walking around town! I love listening to songs in different languages, so I’ve included quite a few, such as “Wana” by nour and “Si un jour” by La Femme. I hope you enjoy this playlist and it makes you want to get up and dance!

Three Favorite Albums

The OOZ by King Krule

Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple

MAHAL by Toro y Moi

Favorite Concert Experience 

It’s so hard to just pick one, so I’m going to pick two! One of my favorite concert experiences was the Beach Fossils concert at Gabe's a couple of years ago. This was one of the first concerts I went to in Iowa City, so I cherish the memories from the night so deeply! Beach Fossils is by far one of my favorite bands so getting to see them live is something I will never forget. My second favorite concert I have been to was this past summer at The Armory in Minnesota seeing Arctic Monkeys. I’ve been a die-hard fan of Arctic Monkeys since I was 10 years old so getting to see them after a decade of being a fan of theirs was pretty crazy!

Hobbies / Interests / Fun Facts / Campus Involvement

When I am not doing SCOPE-related activities you can find me working at Daydrink making cute little lattes and cappuccinos! In my free time, I enjoy trying new restaurants in Iowa City. Fun fact: my sister and I have tried basically every restaurant in Iowa City and have ranked them all!