Monday, September 11, 2023

Get to know Cat, our amazing General Manager! Read on and dive into her nostalgic playlist, perfect for the changing fall weather. 

Name: Cat Dooley (she/her)
Hometown: Des Moines, IA
Year: Fourth Year
Field(s) of Study: Cinema, Art, and a certificate in Public Digital Arts
SCOPE Position: General Manager!!!

Cat Scope Selects Graphic

Spotify Playlist

Listen to SCOPE Selects: Cat Dooley on Spotify

The Deep Cuts

Seasons are changing, school is stressful, and I am feeling every emotion humanly possible. I have the perfect playlist for if you are missing someone or maybe the person you once were, whatever that may be sad girl autumn is upon us and I have provided. If you are worried about growing up or nervous about the future plug in your headphones and hit play. The nostalgic feel to some of these songs paired with the heart-aching nature of others makes it easy to study, journal, or walk around campus to. I hope this playlist provides you comfort as the weather gets colder and days get darker.

Three Favorite Albums

IGOR - Tyler, The Creator
Channel ORANGE - Frank Ocean
saintmotelevision - Saint Motel

Favorite Concert Experience 

This is so hard I have been to so many amazing concerts… but I just recently attended Dominic Fike in Des Moines and it was AMAZING! The venue was in my hometown, and I hadn’t been there in ages, so it was cool to revisit. It was nostalgic hearing songs like Westcoast Collective and Politics and Violence. He also played songs from his new album Sunburn which is the perfect album for my transition into this new school year. It was surreal seeing an artist you grew up with live, especially after the first day of my final year of school. Seeing someone who got me through high school and college brought up so many emotions. The crowd was so fun and interactive and Dominic himself seemed so grateful towards the audience. I got to dance and sing with good company, and it was an experience I won’t forget!

Hobbies / Interests / Fun Facts / Campus Involvement

I am a photographer first and a human second! You can usually find me taking pictures at concerts or making videos with my friends. I also have a cat named Binks that I like to spend my downtime with! Outside of SCOPE, I work as a studio manager on campus for the Public Digital Arts program. I also am a production assistant for the theater program and work under an awesome supervisor, Emily Berkheimer, who teaches me all about equipment and programming!